Sunday, July 8, 2018

Super Angie...full of joy

It's Sunday.  It's dark and cloudy. There is lightning and thunder. And RAIN! It's a perfect Seattle evening in Utah. I've been praying for pray. Our state really needs it. Fires, smokey skies, dusty mountain bike trails, allergens. Yes, indeed we have needed it. And I've been praying. God delivered.

July in Utah is HOT. Like way too HOT.  So hot that most native Utahans complain about it being "too hot". 

I'm thankful for Air Conditioning.
I'm thankful for early morning sun rays coming over the mountains, lighting each nook and cranny of the mountain range. 
I'm thankful for warm smiles at church and friends who can sing really well (who tend to sit next to me).
I'm thankful for kids who bake brownies- even if other family members eat them all before we can deliver them.
I'm thankful for a husband who works so dang hard so I can stay home and "just be a mom".
I'm thankful that my mom, so many years ago, put together a photo album of pictures of me growing up. Some are formal family pics. Some are funny things we did in the yard or me shooting a nerf gun at Grandma's house at Easter (complete with me wearing my Easter dress!). 
I'm thankful for Familysearch.org
I'm thankful for my dog and that I'm not allergic to her.
I'm thankful for helping hands around the house.
I'm thankful my brain handled church today.
I'm thankful for the book of Mormon. I know it's true. I testify that it is the word of God.
I'm thankful that God hasn't left us without a prophet on the earth in these latter days. I know Russel M Nelson is a prophet- just like Moses was!
I'm thankful for repentance. I'm not perfect. I make so many mistakes. I'm so thankful I can go to my heavenly father and ask for forgiveness and guidance.

I've found that life is sometimes sooooo very hard. But it's when we recognize our blessings and show God our gratitude AND when we serve and help others, that when we find true Joy.

I'm so full of Joy as I continue to recover from this concussion. It's not easy but I'm finding the joy in the journey.

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping