Thursday, July 17, 2014

Super Angie...get control

Lesson for this week... when life is spiraling OUT OF CONTROL and you feel like everything is fighting against you, turn your focus on what's most important.

Example:  I've been working 8-10 hour days (on the 4th of July I worked 13 1/2 hours). I'm so tired. My schedule is such that I go to work at 9am and come home at 7:30pm.  I don't have time to run the errands I need to and I feel like everything is slipping away from me.  I want to do laundry and shop, and go to the post office and get my hair cut and I haven't skated in a month (I fired my coach) and and AND!!!!  But there is no time. And I just start freaking out.  Then I remember- What matters most. Prayer. Scripture Study. Church attendance. Family.  When I put my focus on THOSE things, suddenly everything else takes a back seat and I can handle life. It doesn't mean I suddenly have time to skate, or that my errands get done, but what it does mean is that my soul is at peace.


No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping