Sunday, February 3, 2019

Super Angie... writing

I love writing. I mean, look at my social media and you can tell..I really like communicating. I'm not a super social person but rather, I'm a communicator...I like to communicate online. I'm not sure that makes any sense.

Anyway... I've been doing stuff online since the late 80s. Yes. I was a Compuserve girl. Not AOL (although I did like getting all those free AOL coasters, eh, I mean DISKS in the mail). But really. Prodigy and Compurserve and those message boards is what I liked. I would chat everyday with people all over the US. We'd talk about skating. Gordeeva and Grinkov in particular. I remember once, some dude (who was a professional photographer) sent me a gorgeous framed pic he took of G&G performing in STARS ON ICE right after Daria was born. Amazing.

In HS (early 90s) our school district had a inner web chat room for students. I was asked to work with the district and kind of be in charge. I guess that's when it all started going down hill for me. Just kidding. I loved chat rooms and I still do love chatting online with friends and family.

Later I started using yahoo message boards. In fact that's how I met my husband Rick. I'll tell that story another time. I was on an adoption message board for a year. I still have a rooster Christmas ornament someone from that board mailed me. Amazing the generous, kind people you can meet online. I also got many acting gigs from message boards.

In 2001, I was on a skating message board and I met a bunch of really fun skating fans, some of whom were going to go to the 2002 Olympics. We decided to meet up at the games in Salt Lake City. We actually met up the year prior to the games and attend 4 Continents Championships. I often wonder if I could locate those people now on FB. Hmmm....







No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping