Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Super Angie...skid marks, training wheels and crawling up the stairs!



What a glorious day!
Last week I took off one of Dallin's training wheels and he has been getting used to that. Well, yesterday, I saw a talk show that talked about taking off the training wheels and learning to ride, so I thought, today is the day!

While Brennan and Tanith napped, I took Dallin outside, took off the training wheel. I held onto the back of his seat and his steering wheel. Oh man, he could not find his balance. It was hard and frustrating. Then I remembered from the show, to have him ride the bike without trying to peddle--just let his feet kind of drag. He did this and found his balance and before I knew it, I was running after him as he rode. He does a great job of regaining his balance by touching one foot to the ground as he continues to peddle. The smile on his face was priceless.

He also thought it was fun to make skid marks on the new sidewalks. We just laughed and laughed each time he made one. I love my son!

And then there is Tanith....last week she started crawling UP the stairs and today, she went all the way to the top. She is only 8 months onld and she climbed the whole flight. YIKES!

Super Angie signing off....

2 comments:

emily said...

How exciting!!! Bike riding is one of the great fun things that we do a lot of - Ammon is still training wheel clad but the girls learned just at the beginning of the summer and now they are champs!
As for stairs ... It's not so much the climbing up but the falling down that is the problem!! :)
Have fun Super Mom!

Tara said...

Yeah Dallin!! Ty learned a few months ago and he loves it...he l;ikes to go ride all the time now...always nice when the kids have more options of things to do!! :) Have fun with a crawlin' baby!! You'll be Super Angie Super Skinny in no time chasin' her around!!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping