Thursday, August 9, 2007

Super Angie... feeling great

Summer is coming to an end and I have survived the Utah heat! I have enjoyed watching my kids experience summer things like splashing in the pool, playing with squirt guns, picnics in the mountains, summer camps, making homemade pizza, visiting historical places, learning to ride a bike without training wheels...ah, the list goes on and on.

Tanith is now crawling up the stairs, so we have to be careful all the time. Brennan is still a little monkey at the rock climbing gym. Dallin is growing in his reading ability. Rick and I are getting more fit by the second and loosing lots of weight. We are enjoying our many date nights and enjoying our new sport. We have fun hiking and thinking about and planning future travel adventures.

I am getting excited for school to start and for the Parent/Teacher meeting. I am the PTA president so I am hoping and praying to get tons of parents signed up for different commitees throughout the year. I feel good about how I have scheduled things and I actually don't feel stressed at all. Phew!

I am also getting excited to buy things for Dallin and Brennan's "erste schul tag tutte". This is a German tradition. Its a giant cardboard cone, that you fill with treats, school supplies and maybe a few gifts and you give it to them on the first day of school. This will be Brennan's first one and I'm excited for him. He will LOVE preschool. He is sooo ready for it.

My trip to China is coming up soon too. (October) I am busy reading my travel book and watching shows about China on TV. I still can't beleive I get to go and walk on the Great Wall. Stay tunned...I will FOR SURE blog about that!

One thing I love about blogging...its a great way to keep a journal. I can write about silly things, serious things, or just my feelings. I can write about big events or small precious moments. Its all about finding out how the simple things make me, Super Angie. What things help you realize you are super?

Super Angie, Signing off....

WAIT! Just found this awesome quote...

Yes, my beloved brothers and sisters, life is good if we live in such
a way to make it so. Believing, desiring, deciding, and choosing correctly
are the simple actions that define an increase in happiness and an increase
in the inner assurance that transcends this life."-- Benjamín De Hoyos

2 comments:

Tara said...

Wow Super Angie...you sound super busy!! PTA pres...Good Luck...You inspire me...not be the president but you still inspire me!! :) China?...how exciting...I will want to hear about it and see pics for sure!

emily said...

YES ... take TONS of pictures I wanna see it all -- I'm totally living vicariously ... don't think i'll ever make it to China! Have a great time!
in answer to your question: I realize i'm super when i return from a field trip to seattle or the zoo or just about anywhere and i have all four of my kids and i haven't killed them and we've had fun! we should all have capes! (Edna Mode would disapprove i'm sure, but we should have a uniform of some sort that conveys our super-ness!!)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping