Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Super Angie...funny feet

Today, while Tanith was napping and Dallin was at rock climbing camp, I had a rare opportunity to be alone with Brennan. I opened up the July 2007 issue of THE FRIEND and saw a cute page for young children. It had a bunch of pictures on it with words like, "Jump", "Skip", "Hop", "Giggle" etc. I thought Brennan would enjoy this and he did. So I would read a word and he would act it out. I had to teach him how to skip, but he loved everything else about it. I added some of my own words too, like, "Stand on one foot" and "Strike a pose" etc. He loved it and so did I. It was a great mom/son moment.

Suddenly I noticed a bit of spilt red jello on the kitchen floor, where Brennan was performing all these moves. Wait, there is some more. And more. Where is this coming from? I got closer and started to clean it up...wait a second...thats BLOOD! I look at his foot and it was bleeding. He had reopened a wound on his toe (he fell out in the yard and cut it on a rock) while doing all these poses and moves and jumping things. Poor little guy. I cleaned him up, put a new band aid on (HOT WHEELS>>>very cool!) and thought we were done. Nope! He still wanted to do more and more words.

What a sweet little guy.

Super Angie signing off with a warm feeling in her heart. :)

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping