Sunday, July 29, 2007

Super Angie...walk and walk and walk


Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked and walked...

On the 25th of July, it was beautiful 80 degree, overcast Utah day, so I grabbed the kids and we went to THIS IS THE PLACE HERITAGE PARK. The kids LOVED it so much, and so did I. We rode a train around the park, played in the kids village (small playhouse size pioneer houses), went to the petting farm, ate at the Saloon, toured some pioneer cabins, visited the Deseret Hospital and had a wonderful day.

Favorite things: going to school and learning to write our names in the Deseret Alphabet.
playing pioneer games in the yard of the school
making a leathing craft at the saddlery
washing clothes the old fashioned way
beating a rug with a stick to get the dirt and dust out
seeing all the volunteers dressed as pioneers

The day was fantastic. I enjoyed being with my kids and seeing their excitement as they discovered and explored. I highly suggest visitors to Utah go to this park. I can't wait to go back! :)

Super Angie signing off...

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping