Sunday, January 13, 2013

Super Angie ...Super Powers

 I often talk about Super Powers. We each have them. Whether we are great at cooking, talented in singing, or a master in the office...we each have those elements that make us shine. Its who we are.
 And its VERY unfair to compare our super powers to someone else's. Maybe someone else can spin really good. Maybe someone else is just naturally thin, no matter how much they eat. Maybe someone else can dance really well. Maybe someone else knows how to give a good presentation
 In skating, its hard NOT to compare your skating to someone else. We all want to get better, be the best, improve, win the Gold. When I hurt my back, all hope was dashed. I wouldn't be able to do the back bending extension moves that I had dreamed of. I was a failure.
But as I started skating more, I realized that I have my own super powers on the ice, that are unique to me. It was up to me to find out what those super powers were, and then to go out a magnify them. So what that someone else can do a Sasha Cohen inspired layback. I can not. But I have things about my skating that makes it special.

Win I will the gold? I don't know. Thats up to the judges. But for now, I need to focus on my super powers. 

What are YOUR super powers?

1 comment:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping