Sunday, January 13, 2013

Super Angie...rules for being Super

Rules for being Super.

I believe anyone can be SUPER. I believe anyone, regardless of your "station in life" can achieve one's dreams.

1: Find the positives each day. What are the silver linings? Count your blessings. Keep a THANKFUL jar or a journal. Write down all the good things that are coming your way. Have a bad day, a bad practice, a bad time at work? Flip the situation and start finding all the things that DID go right. There are always GOOD THINGS.

2: Only speak kind words about yourself and others. Especially about yourself. Eliminate phrases like: I'm ugly. I'm fat. I wish I had___.

3: Stop judging others. Stop looking at their life and thinking how great or how wrong it is. Stop looking at the car they drive, the clothes they wear, the house they live in. Stop passing judgment on the sport or activity they do.

4. Dream Big. What do you want to do? Obviously, there are some things that are out of range- like if you are 50 and you want to go to the moon- its probably too late to start a new career at NASA, BUT its not too late to take some courses online about Astronomy. Or its not to late to start volunteering at a flight museum. If you want to get FIT, what is stopping you?

5. Give up things to have great things. You simply can't do it all. If you want to climb mountains, then stop wasting your vacation time doing other things. You must pick and choose. Example: I would LOVE to take a dance class, but right now, Skating is more important to me. So since there are only 24 hours in a day, and I have three children and a husband and church duties, I have decided that right now, only skating. Maybe somewhere down the road I'll be able to fit something else into my life. But for now, if I want to be a good skater, I must fore-go other things...even if the other things are awesome.

I believe everyone has a super power. Stop looking at other people and start realizing what YOUR super power is.

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping