Sunday, January 20, 2013

Super Angie...lake time

Skating on the lake has really "healed" me. So have lessons with my new coach. I think I have found a good  combination of hard work, challenging new choreography and building my skating foundation mixed with lots of laughter. Lessons are always fun.

Here I am yesterday on Keystone lake. Simply beautiful. There is still work to be done on this program, but its just so refreshing to skate outside. I love looking up and not seeing a ceiling and pipes and lights. The sun, the mountains, the moon. Its just incredible really. And very freeing to my soul.

I feel like I am becoming a new skater, a new person.

My coach says: The only constant in life is Change.

I am learning to feel secure in Change. I am learning to be OK with feeling vulnerable on the ice. I'm learning to break down my prideful walls, and be open to change-- even when it feels stupid.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

So cool...I have never skated on a lake. I would LOVE to do this some day. You don't have a follow button on your blog or I would fallow you :)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping