Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Super Angie...cooling down



Today, Dallin worked for an hour doing math. He is good at math, but it doesn't come naturally. He has to WORK at it. Working isn't fun, is it? He has to develop patience, which again, isn't a fun process. I think Dallin's biggest thing is he is just like me--he wants it to go quickly but sometimes in Math, you must go SLOW and really think about things.

So, after doing math, I asked if he wanted to do cursive practice or do some stuff from another workbook.

"CURSIVE! Cursive cools me down" he said.

I loved hearing him say this. To me, this was a huge deal--he has realized how to control himself. I'm so proud of him. WAY TO GO DALLIN!

--Super Angie

4 comments:

Trynyti said...

Great job Dallin! Keep up the hard work and it will get easier. Math can really be a pain, but at least you have cursive to relax with! :)

Otter Mum's Den said...

Remarkable! I am glad he found something that is still work related that relaxes him. Do your kids play any music? It has been a very therapeutic hobby for mine, and it has helped them with Math and vice versa.

JAnderegg said...

It is so nice to bring school wherever you go. I loved the flexibility. I'm so glad your kids are enjoying it and doing well!

Jeanette said...

That's awesome that Dallin is learning how to have that control-he is going to do well with school with that knowledge of himself. You are so smart, Dallin!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping