Thursday, February 25, 2010

Super Angie...Feb Personal History Challenge


Each month, our Church ward is giving a Genealogy Challenge. Here is February's Challenge.

Birth:
I was born December 18, 1975 in Overlake Hospital, Bellevue, WA.
Name: My mom says she heard my name on a soap opera...or was it a famous person? I forget. I don't have a middle name though, and all during my childhood, I was "allowed" to pick my middle name. Stephanie--because I admired Stephanie Hacking. Brandy--because it was a "cool" name. And I'm sure there were some others. But in H.S. I finally landed on KATJA--my German class name (picked because of Katia Gordeeva). The name has stuck. When I got married, I actually legally made WAIBEL my middle name. But Katja is still there in my heart. And one time, I saw my official church records, and they had Katja as my middle name! I died laughing. No idea how that got there. I changed it.
Looks as a baby: I was bald! I was bald for a long time. And I was tiny. Only 5 lbs something. I walked early, and my mom says I looked like a doll walking, because I was so small.
Parents: My parents are Barbara Ann Paulson Waibel of Kearns, UT, and Timm Eberhart Waibel, of Grossenbehringen, Thuringen Germany.
Conditions or interesting stories about my birth: I don't know. I do know my dad brought my brothers to the window of the hospital so they could look in and see me.
Siblings: Paul Everett, and Jeffery Timm.
Who was there at the Birth: My parents and thats all.
What do they remember about my birth: Well, I hope they will leave a comment here and tell me. :)
What was my personality as a baby: Mom and Dad? Wanna answer this one?

(Heres a picture I found...I'm sure I have earlier ones, but could find this one fastest. 6 months old. So cute!)

5 comments:

Otter Mum's Den said...

What a cute baldie! I love that baby picture of you! I had no idea Katja was of your own choosing, but I like it. My English name was always Pamela all through middle school and high school. In Spanish, I was Amparo. In Latin, I was Faustina, and in Greek, I was Sophia. Quite the eclectic collection! When I get a chance, I am going to post my own genealogy answer to your February challenge.

jenn said...

Hooray for Angie who did the challenge!! My Kate is sometimes called Katya because her dad took a semester of Russian. Random, I know, but your heartfelt middle name reminded me of that. I'll be checking back to see if your parents respond!

Super Angie's MOM said...

ok, we are responding, Angie came from Angie Dickenson, an actress who at that time was in Police Woman on TV. You arrived one week early after an afternoon of a back ache (I thought) Your weight was 5 something, you have the book with the exact weight. Very small after 8 pound Paul. At that time mothers didn't know ahead of time what they would have, so if you had been a boy you were to be named David. Born just before midnight dad left after I was settled and went to a friend who had the boys, to take them home, she says he looked like he was floating on air as he announced it's a girl. You were an easy baby, your brothers loved you, especially Jeff who was almost 8, he wanted to do everything for you, he even took you for show and tell. He told his grandparents that the only thing fun in our house was you. You walked at 8 months and being so small did look like a wind up doll, you would run in circles around Lars (same age) as he sat on the floor and wouldn't walk. You were nearly 2 before any measurable hair arrived. Our sweet angel (Angela)born just before Christmas. Love MOM & DAD

jenn said...

I LOVE YOUR MOM! What great details to add to your history! I love that you were the only fun thing at your house! I love that your dad was so happy to have you! I love that you were born SUPER Angie!!

Otter Mum's Den said...

Show and Tell baldy beautiful baby!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping