Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Super Angie..SSPPEEDDD!

Out of the blue, Saturday night I signed up to start taking Speed Skating lessons on Monday. I had those two days to stress and worry. What was I thinking? I'm a figure skater. I'm old. I don't want to learn something new.But Rick wouldn't let me quit. I tried to blame my asthma, but he still pushed me out the door.

I'm so glad he did.
It was fantastic. I found a new sport!

My lesson was at the Olympic Oval in Kearns (near SLC). It was an amazing facility! All the flags and banners from the 2002 Olympics are still hanging up...really inspiring.

I rented some speed skates and got so scared. These things are sooo different from my figure skates. There is NO ankle support at all.
I got on the ice and felt so strange.

I soon noticed the whole class was full of little kids. Oh boy. I'm gonna be the only adult, I thought, but then three others showed up, and we actually all had a blast together.

Our instructor, Sarah, is a national competitor and she taught us well.

Its a great workout, tons of fun, and I think I actually did really good. I enjoyed going fast. I loved learning all the technique. And we finished the lesson with off ice drills. AWESOME! I can't wait for my next lesson!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Very cool Angie. you really are so dang inspiring!!!! And you look fantastic! I don't know how you juggle EVERTHING that you do, I really look up to you for it!

Jeanette said...

You are way cooler than I am. I don't know why you even hang out with me ever!!

Otter Mum's Den said...

That is so very cool! You go Rick for shoving her out the door!

Tiff said...

Go Angie! That is so great to be doing new things all the time.

jenn said...

I'm trying not to freak out right here at my computer. You are amazing and what makes you amazing is that you are a do-er. I am not. I do nothing. Well- not nothing. But I'm intimidated by new things and even with a list of things to do at home, I don't do them. I want to be a do-er like you but it really escapes me and just leaves me in awe of all you do and try. I absolutely believe that you are SUPERangie!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping