Monday, March 22, 2010

Super Angie...homeschooling fun day

Sorry no pics, but today was a fantastic day.

Dallin started doing Division for the first time. He did FREAKING AWESOME. It was really exciting teaching him.

We got a lot of school work done at home.

Lots of REALLY GOOD quality time spent with each child and their schooling.

Then we went to a park.

We took a picnic and while we ate it, we talked about the view, what we saw and read a book about the American Robin. We learned all about it. Then the boys each wrote in their journals about it. I was impressed with Brennan. He sounded out words so well and really is getting good at writing. It was simply wonderful.

Then we played and played at the playground.

I love homeschooling!

2 comments:

Otter Mum's Den said...

Sounds like a very great day! I love the outdoor classroom, which is probably why I enjoy camping so much with my kids. One summer, Dave took the youngest kids to dissect owl pellets while Eric and I packed up camp and got ready to drive to the next campground. It was wonderful how excited my Jennifer was about science after that, and before that day, it had not been her favorite topic in school.

Super Angie's MOM said...

great to learn in God's back yard.

I went to the super love to learn, there are some really great ideas, it could keep you very busy, plus I like the ideas for creative writing.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping