Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Super Angie...there is no charge for awesomeness

After having an extremely hard time, and thinking extremely negative thoughts, a very wise friend told me to make a list of all the things, big and small that I do that makes me an AWESOME MOM...so here goes.

  • i put lotion on my kid's faces when they are dry and cracked.
  • sometimes i help them with their chores
  • i hang up their art work, all over the house
  • i let them decorate their own room
  • i understand that sometimes, everyone needs a "do nothing" day
  • i take them out with me for one on one activities
  • i let them serve me and I serve them
  • i let my kids listen to the chipmunks almost daily in the car
  • i help Dallin with his scouting acheivements and make sure he gets things done
  • i sing to Tanith
  • I believe in Brennan--I don't think he's dumb like many probably do.
  • I like to do sports or activities with my kids.
  • I cook healthy food for them, and have healthy snacks for them.
  • I let them keep their toys out in the main family room instead of banishing them to the basement--I want to be where they can see me and I can see me.
  • I like teaching them about the world
  • I like making faces at them
  • I like cuddleing with them
  • I have a house full of photos of them...in every room there are many
  • I encourage them to have a good relationship with their dad and step mom.
  • if they don't want to learn a sport or take a particular class or lesson, I don't force the matter, simply because society thinks its normal for kids their age to do certain things.
  • i love them no matter what

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh I think you're awesome Angie!!!! I'm glad that you can see it now too! Keep the list going.... I know there's LOTS more to come!!!!

Super Angie's MOM said...

list making makes you appreciate yourself and others

Otter Mum's Den said...

The Chipmunk thing alone has earned you a place in Heaven, Mama! I don't think I could do that more than once a week!

rachel said...

yeah, the chipmunk thing... you should be sainted for that! ;)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping