Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Super Angie...Speed, I am speed



My new speeds FINALLY arrive. I bought them on eBay and took quite a gamble that they would fit and guess what..THEY DO!

I can't wait for my lesson tonight. Last night I had a fabulous lesson--going the fastest I've ever gone and actually gaining some confidence in my cross overs. Our "old" class was allowed to do a "make up" class yesterday because last Wed, the rink was closed. So last night we were allowed to join a brand new class--their first time on the ice. First, it was so awesome to get compliments from the new students and their parents-- "wow, you guys are so good!" and "you've only been speed skating for a month!" Second, because there was our class, plus the new beginner class, there were A LOT of skaters out there. So Parker had us work separately. Our class did a lot of laps while he worked with the new students in the middle of the rink. Then our class worked on bucket drills (one skater places a hand on a bucket and does cross overs in a circle). Then Parker had us set up the track and show the new students our best form as we did two laps. Then the new students did laps. Then we were split into groups and we raced. Meanwhile, seeing that Parker needed some help, two other instructors came over. One guy, Pat, was so impressed with my skating that he came over to me and gave me some pointers. He said that my speed is incredible for only a month and then he helped me fix my cross overs. It was amazing. I have never skated better.

I'm excited for tonight. Tonight I start STEP 1 short track. STEP is " Strength, Training, Endurance, Power". After completing Learn To Skate, if you get the okay of your instructor, you can move up into the STEP program. I'm soooo excited for this new class tonight.

YEA FOR SPEED SKATING!

4 comments:

Otter Mum's Den said...

Look at those banana skates! They look yummy! And look at you go! The title of your post made me want to watch "Cars" tonight though because that totally sounds like a Lightning McQueen line!

Amy said...

Holy cow girl, you look AMAZING and good job at doing something you love. Very cool.

jenn said...

YEA for Angie!
I'm glad you are loving it and your new skates are SUPER chic!

amy said...

So fun to see your blog again! Looks like you have been doing tons of fun things! Love it!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping