Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Super Angie...in aw of Super Sam

Okay, so I have been checking my blog daily and FINALLY someone made a comment. I was so thrilled to go read it, but I didn't recognize the name. But I did recognize the Team she was on. Its Sam, from Team Bury the Dragon. She climbed this past weekend at the HERA event. Talk about an amazing person.

Please, go read her journal. I linked it as SUPER SAM. http://slockwoo.livejournal.com/

Reading Sam's journal really made me think... I am so lucky to be as healthy as I am. Yes, I am still wanting to loose some more baby weight. Yes, my allergies suck (especially while living in Utah). Yes, I have Asthma. But COME ON! I am just fine. Meanwhile, there are people like Sam and so many countless others who have gone through so much. What about my own mom? What about Kathleen's mom and John Thompson's mom? What about my grandma? and on and on ...

I remember back in 4th grade. There was a girl named Angie in the next classroom over. She was diagnosed with leukemia. I remember wondering about her. And then I remember having to visit her classroom one day and sit in her desk. OH MY GOSH. Was I gonna catch it? Too bad the education wasn't so great back then. I often think about Angie and wonder....

Anyway, thanks Sam for visiting my site. Its great to hear from another climber. How did you find my blog?

Love and Hugs to everyone...
Signing off....Super Angie

1 comment:

samantha said...

I found your blog by googling HERA blogs or maybe it was Climb4Life. I don't remember.

Nice to meet you! Thanks so much for the post. You are too kind.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping