Friday, April 16, 2010

Super Angie...dates and life


Just so people don't think my date post is the only date Rick and I do, I wanted to post a blog post about our regular weekly routine.

Mondays and Wednesday nights: indoor rock climbing and dinner at Sweet Tomatoes.
Saturday mornings: outdoor hiking, climbing etc

Sometimes we also go on dates on Saturday night too.

But going on a date where we aren't doing something like climbing or hiking is unusal, which is why going to Mimis was postworthy. lol

We have been married for almost 5 yrs and have had this schedule for pretty much the entire time. Our marriage and friendship is stronger because of it. And our kids have had a blast experiencing new and different things with the different nannies we have had over the years. They have gone to new parks, learned new songs, learned different ways to cook and even learned different languages. They play different games with these sitters. Its good for them to experience so many things with different people. Some of our sitters have even traveled with us and even celebrated birthdays and holidays with us. What a blessing it has been to have them in our lives.

With speed skating, I go Tuesdays and Thursday evenings. This is a great break for me, and a great outlet--which is why I usually don't go to Girl's Nights Out...I don't need a girls night out because my husband gives me on--its just a speed skating girls night. Plus, on the nights I'm not skating, I don't want to take time away from my family and husband. So please don't take it personal if I don't come to your event or party. Its not that I don't like having friends, its just that I don't feel the urgency to be social.

I'm kind of a hermit--I like to stay at home (or travel of course), but I don't like going out to party, or to movies. I like being active but I prefer to just be with Rick and the kids.

Skating nights are also so good for the kids. They LOVE having these nights alone with Rick. They watch shows together, play videos games, make dinner and homemade old fashioned popcorn. Often everyone will cheer when I mention that I'm going skating. They love their time with dad.

Sundays we all go to church together and spend the day together. Sometimes we will go for car rides.

Rick has started taking Dallin out for longer bike rides during the week. They both love these. The farthest they've gone is to Walmart--4 miles. Pretty good for Dallin.

We have family prayer together twice a day. Everyone kneels together. Its really nice.

2 comments:

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

Gotta LOVE date nights and also time to yourself for sure!!! Sounds like y'all are keeping busy, busy, busy!!! Hope you have a GREAT weekend! XOXO

Otter Mum's Den said...

Sounds super sweet! To us, with Dave working outside of home and having a little bit less flexibility in his schedule because he is a Micro-serf, we are lucky to get a regular date night every Friday. Of course, we steal moments when it is just us, like wait until the kids are all of to school and take the dog on a walk, or take off randomly if we are lucky enough that Michelle has not been hired elsewhere to babysit. I love your active lifestyle and the fact that your kids are learning to be active too.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping