Monday, April 26, 2010

Super Angie...my first race

On Saturday, I competed in my first Speed skating race at the Olympic Oval. Here I am with Alexis and Sam
I was number 455...pretty cool, ey?
I love Alexis. She is in my class, shes fast and fearless and has similar passion for skating. Shes a nut!
Me and Nick--from my step class. Nice speed suit Nick!
Alexis and Jamie--Jamie is a super kid! SO FAST!
This was an official race, with a bell and lap sign. Awesome!
Here are the 6 of us. 6 Girls racing together. It was awesome!
Here are the girls with Chris (but we thought his name was John, so we were cheering John the whole time). He wore his "crazy" shirt and we had a good time cheering for him.
During warmup. My nerves were wild, but I was also excited.
The begining of our first race--the 1000 meter. Thats 9 laps. 9 Laps is REALLY hard. Notice the start guy with his hand in the air? Hes holding a starting gun! YEAH BABY! It was awesome to have a gun sound.
Go go go! With it being 9 laps, I had planned NOT to waste myself out and not go fast.
Rick took some awesome pics, but this is my favorite!
Trying to catch Alexis...can you see how tired she is--practicly skating upright.
go go go
9 laps is REALLY hard
It was hard, but I just kept pushing and going
go go go!
nice basic position. I need to get lower though
I like my form here.
The end of the race. I took second place, behind Alexis. Nice work girl! I finished in 3 minutes 2 seconds. Amazing!!! I had no idea I could do that!
The start of the 500 Meter race--my favorite!
500 meter...Alexis is catching me!
This is my favorite picture. Right before I won the 500meter!
Alexis and I hugging--we love being competitive with each other. This group of girls was fantastic! I can't believe I won the 500! 4 1/2 laps. I tried to stay down in basic and just endured the pain. Alexis finish a very close second place..I think it was 3 tenths of a point behind me...I think.
I loved having my family there to cheer me on. The sign says, "My mom is faster then your mom!" LOL

After the first two races, we were supposed to do the 1500 meter--which is like 12 laps or something crazy like that. But they changed it and we only did 7 laps. I was sooo tired, I was pretty much standing the entire time. I came in Second to Alexis again. She is a powerhouse!
At the end we all got ribbons. YEA! :)

This was such a great experience and I'm so happy I got to skate and compete. When is the next race?!

5 comments:

Otter Mum's Den said...

That looks plain awesome!

CBG said...

I don't know how you do it. I can barely get myself in the shower most days, let alone take up some new sport. My big sister plays hockey on the week-ends, too. Of course her youngest is 9... I loved all the pics too, by the way. :)

Amy said...

Wow Angie, seriously you rock girl! And woo hoo for going back to public, I seriously forget to check so now I will be getting in on all the fun action in your neck of the woods. Very cool pics!

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

Wowzers... you are one AMAZING gal. I LOVE these pictures!!! You rock!!! You are very inspiring as well!

Charles Miske said...

The kids and I totally enjoyed watching you and supporting you. Good job!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping