Sunday, May 9, 2010

Super Angie...dilemma

So, I leave for Russia in 3 days. For those who don't know, I am going with Rick to climb one of the Seven Summits. Mt. Elbrus--the tallest mountain in Europe. Its 18,000 something feet. My highpoint thus far in my life is 14,000 something, so this is a HUGE deal.

I love Russia. I have been twice before. I went with my dad on a business trip in 2001--when they lived in Germany. And then I went while prego with Tanith in 2005, when my parents lived in Moscow. I love it there.

My dilemma...I'm a fashion girl. I *TRY* to look cute at all times. Yes, right at the moment, sitting in my jammies, I don't look cute or fashionable, but when I go places or especially when I travel, I try to look awesome.

So... its in the 80s in Moscow. And its in the 30s in Cheget, where Mt. Elbrus is. We will be spending half a day in Moscow on route to Cheget, and then again, half a day on the return home. Of course I want to look steller in Moscow.

My other problem is, luggage weight restrictions. I'm climbing a mountain, so every peice of clothing must be chosen with the thought in mind--will this kill me or keep me alive? Its a very serious choice. So I have all my mountain stuff packed and ready. I feel great about that. But now, its all about what to wear around Cheget, what shoes to take, and what to wear on the plane and how to pack it and where to pack it all. I have a pink North Face duffel with all my mountain stuff in it. Then I have my climbing back pack. Thats all I can take.

I'm not writing this for suggestions, I already have everything figured out, but its quite a new dilemma. I have never traveled before where it wasn't strictly for pleasure. So packing for this has been a challenge.

I'm happy to say I will look freaking awesome on the plane. :)

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping