Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Super Angie...Russia part 4

On day 3, we had breakfast at the hotel and then walked to the lifts. Heres our whole group. Vladimir (our guide), Joe from London, Warner from Austria, James from Ireland, Rick, Me, Klaus from Germany and Anton from Austria.
Here's our friends from Norway. They were going up to the barrels for just some light hiking and acclimatizing.
Riding the first gondola up. Rick and Anton.
Heres Klaus
Me...I look pretty cheesy, don't I?
It was such a pretty ride up. We had to take two gondolas.
I LOVED the peaks of the surrounding mountains
Our other guides and cook were with us as well. Lots of boxes of food and supplies had to be loaded into each gondola.
I loved seeing all the crevasses




James, Werner and Anton, ready to get on the snow cat and head up the final leg to the Barrels.
Ready to go!
Riding up. Everyone was nervous and excited.
But with views like this...ah...gorgeous! Makes me want to go back!

1 comment:

Otter Mum's Den said...

It really is gorgeous up there! I am really susceptible to altitude sickness (I found out in the Alps as a child) so mountaineering would be miserable for me... But I envy you for having this adventure in this gorgeous setting.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping