Sunday, September 26, 2010

Super Angie...beyond proud


Rick comes home today. His trip to the 2010 ELBRUS RACE wasn't perfect but I'm so proud of him for accomplishing so much. He got food poisoning from bad water early on, and then he came down with my bronchitis, which turned into HAPE--VERY VERY SERIOUS! There were several hours the other day when I literally though he could die on the mountain.

I'm proud of Rick for doing his first race. I'm proud of him for having had only 3 months of training and loosing 15-20 lbs and giving it his all. What an inspiration and example he is for many. Rick's ex-wife never let him explore these types of dreams when he was younger, and so he is now doing something that is usually only done by the young gun. He did the qualifying race, even though he was very very sick. (He is the one closest to the camera wearing blue.) And he did it in GOOD TIME! 1 hour 41 minutes.

I'm so very sorry he got so ill and wasn't able to compete two days later. But I'm so proud of him for what he did accomplish. And I can't wait for Elbrus Race 2011!!!

--Super Angie

1 comment:

Charles Miske said...

I was really sad for a few days, but am now looking forward to going next year for Elbrus Race 2011. Already have some training goals in place.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping