Saturday, September 18, 2010

Super Angie...not a whimper


I've been scared and I needed to GET OVER IT!

One friend joked that maybe I should take a mild tranquilizer before climbing.

LOL

Seriously, its that bad. I just freak out when I climb outside and for some reason, climbing outside feels like something I just MUST do. I used not care. I was completely happy only climbing in a gym, but being in Colorado, being around different friends, different rocks, different vibes, I have felt the need to climb outside. Its been weighing on my mind all summer and finally I have decided to do something about it!

I contacted my old climbing mentor, Laurie, who lives in CO and told her some of my "problems". She suggested a class, so I did the class this weekend. My instructors were Matt and Rachel. Friday night, Matt taught a class inside. Two other people came-Heather and Ryan. We all wanted to learn repelling, but I was the only one who was an actual climber. I was able to talk to Matt before hand and he totally "got" my issues.

Today we all met up and went to Golden to work on repelling. Ryan couldn't come, so it was just Heather and I, with Matt and Rachel. Rachel also totally understood my fears and problems as well. My instructors were amazing!

Heather was more interested in just having fun and repelling, so Matt took extra time, explaining different technical things to me. I feel so much more confident now. AND>>>>

I DID IT!

With no whimpers, no fears, no panic attacks.

I freaking stepped off the cliff and did it.

No issues at all. Weeeee! :)

So, I'm on my way to becoming a more confident climber. Its gonna take more practice, but its coming and its feeling great!

--Super Angie

1 comment:

JAnderegg said...

Good for you. I just read through several of your blog entries. Way to go. It is fun to set goals, work hard, and see the results. I am glad you are finding happiness in Colorado!!!! Tell Rick and the kids Hello!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping