Saturday, September 4, 2010

Super Angie...driving myself HAPPY





I realized something today...I'm genuinely happy with my life. I'm not wanting for anything. I'm fine with what I have. I'm thrilled with the friend and family relationships I have. I see God's blessings daily.

I miss my husband, but I'm also grateful daily for the blessing he is in my life. He understands me like no other. He encourages me and supports me. He is sacrificing so much for my health, and I fully realize and appreciate this. I'm in awe of the things he does for our family.

Each day, I receive comments, texts, emails, phone calls reminding me that I have friends who love me and MOST IMPORTANTLY, are happy I am in their friend. I have friends who understand my fears, and other friends who push me to be stronger then those fears. I have friends who are full of the perfect advice and know the perfect time to call me. I have friends I have never met, and yet I know they are there for me 24/7. I have friends who can heal my sorrow with one hug, and friends who pray for me. I have friends who have adopted me and my kids and have taken us under their wings. I have friends who make room for me in their busy schedules and friends who invite me into their lives. And I have friends who live far away and yet are so close to my heart and really know ME and love who the know.

School for the boys is falling into place--they LOVE IT. Babysitters...well, I have three fabulous ones. Skating coaches--I love my speed and figure skating coaches and feel so blessed by their dedication to me. Rock climbing--I got it scheduled in and am excited to start climbing with Ann. Life is falling into place and that just feels right.

Its so interesting. I'm realizing now how a choice I made 9 months ago, feeling inspired by God to make that choice, or make that change, was all part of a bigger plan. How skipping one rock climbing competition meant I met someone who is changing the life of my husband. How homeschooling and then now not homeschooling was all meant to happen in the order it did, to teach me things and introduce me to people I needed to meet.

My friend Angela, who died a year ago posted this as her last FB status: We are where we are supposed to be. There are no accidents.

I'm realizing more and more how very wise Angela was. I miss her.

I feel comfortable in my own skin. I feel welcomed and loved in my new ward. I have friends all over the state who actually WANT to hang out with me, and I have friends elsewhere who are lifting me daily. I'm finding out that people actually like me for ME and people enjoy being around me.

I feel FREE and feel like I'm flying.


I no longer feel lost and insane and crazy...I'm driving myself Happy now!

1 comment:

Charles Miske said...

Glad you have so many great friends. Glad I'm one of them ;)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping