Friday, June 8, 2007

Super Angie...another amazing feat!

NEWS FLASH EVERYONE! I vacumed! Yes, its true. You can see the floor now in much of my house. Its truely an amazing site. You might be laughing, but seriously folks, with all the things that us moms have to do everyday--diaper needs, clothing our kids, trying to take care of ourselves, being a good wife, cooking or preparing meals, screaming at the kids when they turn on the hose and get soaked right before we are supposed to run some errands......shouldn't we celebrate all the small things that we do accomplish--like vacuming? Sometimes we can get so bogged down with how "perfect" everything should be that we get depressed and feel like we aren't worth anything.

I have been reading lately a great book called, "Better then you think you are" by Ardeth Kapp. I recomend it. She talks about how we actually do have worth and in God's eyes, we are special and cool and awesome and all that. A friend recently reminded me that we are all different and have our own special course in life and that we shouldn't spend time comparing ourselves to others--"Shes better at scrapbooking then me" or "Her cookies taste so amazing" or "she is so fit and strong" or or or.... Instead we need to realize that we have our own special course to be on. I am still learning what my course is all about. Its hard sometimes, but worth it in the end. And its fun for me to see the course my friends are on and how different and yet the same we all are!

So, for me...vacuming is a SUPER thing.

What SUPER thing did YOU do today?

Signing off...Super Angie

2 comments:

Tara said...

Your blog is so cute!! Glad you did it!! makes me smile when i'm there...Absolutely...I can sell you some cards...you can shoot me an email and let me know what you like and I can also give you a link to another place where I have alot more pics uploaded and you can choose the ones you like.
I am thinking about offering to make Christmas cards this year too?...still playing with the idea!

emily said...

I cleaned my kitchen and posted a new blog about my favorite things ... the kitchen was the super one ... the blog - ummm... I sometimes feel like I'm having too much 'screen time' but I just LOVE it!!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping