Saturday, June 16, 2007

Super Angie...super barfing

So, what do you get when you mix a three year old with a plate full of pasta and then 20 minutes later, physical exercise in the middle of Nordstroms? BARFING!!!

It was fantastic. We had a great lunch at California Pizza Kitchen and then we went shopping in the mall. Everyone was well behaved. It was so harmonious! I found some great deals and got some really pretty new shirts. Then we went to Nordstroms. I guess the escalators there act like dog whistles to kids--when a kid sees the escalators, they can't help but want to travel up and down on them, often going the wrong direction, but only kids can hear the escalators calling to them (just like only dogs can hear those whistles).

There I was, in heaven. Dh had charge of the kids and I was ALONE in a changing room, trying on fabulous clothes--one in particular that my DH had found for me. It fit so beautifully and he told me to get it. Just then I heard Brennan (3) screaming. Instantly I thought "he fell down" or "he lost his way and is trying to figure out where in the store I am" (meanwhile, DH is thinking, "his shoe lace got stuck in the escalator and hes scared hes gonna get gobbled up by it" or "
the employees are yelling at him to stop running on the escalator" ). So off I went running to find Brennan. Suddenly a blond lady turned to me and said, "hes over there. hes throwing up". OH WONDERFUL. Sure enough, I reach my sweet Brennan just as he empties his stomach onto my feet. Crap! He is screaming and very stinky. I start walking him towards the bathroom. Some employees come over to offer help (I apologized a million times for the mess...they were sooo nice about it and even brought him a water). Barf again by the cute dresses. Barf again by the drinking fountain. Barf as we walk into the bathroom. Barf into the toilet. Scream, barf, scream, barf...sob sob sob. I got him all settled down and cleaned him up the best I could (and cleaned my foot). What a day. Dh ended up buying me the beautiful top and we left the mall..walking slowly with a very stinky three year old.

Yea for Super Moms and Super Employees and Super DH and Super kids!

Signing off...Super Angie

1 comment:

Tara said...

WOW...i'm impressed you went with him to the bathroom to ease his pains....I don't do throw up...so it would've been Shawm helping while I ran to the bathroom to throw up myself!! :) I am gonna show Tyson the snake pics...he loves snakes...he is the "snake expert"!

Oh...it's Kendall that had the baby...she is in St. George...I am going there sometime in July to see her.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping