Friday, March 14, 2008

Super Angie...going green?


I was just blog surfing and ran across a friend of a friend's website that talks about going green. I laugh so hard at all the "going green" hype.

You see, way back in the 80s, I went to the number one Junior High in the nation for recyeling. Em, Tara-- remember? Redmond was just a green place. Everyone did their part. We all conserved water--even though we lived in Seattle! We rode our bikes and walked places...it wasn't a "new thing". Recyeling wasn't just something we were told about--we did it during 1st period, and 6th period and all the classes in between. Oh yes...and curbside at home!

Now, I see all these Utah girls getting giddy about Going Green, like its this brand new idea. Little do they know that in Germany, you have to pay extra to have your groceries put in a bag from the grocery store--you just bring your own! Everyone carries baskets and bags. Its not a new idea.

Please don't get me wrong...I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Going Green. In fact I think its great...especially here in YELLOW AND BROWN Utah. Green is good. But come on...don't brag about it on your blog, like your the first person to ever think about it.

--Super Angie

6 comments:

Charles Miske said...

It's one of those silly ideas that comes and goes every 15 years or so ago - I remember back in '73 when I first heard of it, then again in the early 90's then starting again in the late 2000's. Cool. I guess next thing you know they'll blame the prolonged winters on the next ice age like they did in the late 70's after the greenhouse effect of the mid-60's (much like the one they're touting now - lol). This stuff comes and goes like bell bottoms and tank tops. Ignore it and imagine how much the companies that realize this cycle's time spans makes in ripping off the gullible innocents.

samantha said...

I laugh at the same thing. In fact, I never even saw the al gore movie. I already do as much as I can. I already know about global warming. One of my friends said "it is really important for everyone to see" yet that same friend looked at me funny when I packed up my beer bottles from a camping trip and took them home to recycle them.
Hype is a good thing because it will make some people aware who didn't know. But hype is useless unless people commit.

Jeff and Hayley said...

Hi Angie!

I agree, the phrase "going green" makes me laugh. Apparently, green is the new pink!

Just wanted to say hi :)

Jeff and Hayley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Hayley!!! I MISS YOU SOOO MUCH!!! Get a blog!!!

Charles Miske said...

And at hot topic I saw that pink is the new black. So by the transitive theory of logic, green is the new black. How ironic...

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping