Friday, April 18, 2008

Super Angie...lions, tigers and A BEAR!

Okay, so there were no lions and tigers, but there was a bear.

We were driving out to Colorado, just barely started driving through Spanish Fork Canyon, when I started looking on the hill sides for deer and elk. Usually we see hundreds through the canyon. BINGO! I spot something. I start pointing it out to the kids, when I notice, its not a deer, not an elk...ITS A BEAR!!! HOLY CRAP! SO AWESOME.

Rick flips a u-turn (and we almost died doing so) and he raced back to the spot. We turned off into the gravel along with another car. Rick and I get out (tell the kids to stay in the car) and we and the other couple walk down. The other guy has a big camera (so does Rick, but his battery is dead!!!)--he promises to email us photos! So Nice! Luckily, I had my camera, so these are the shots I got.

Anyway, we watched the bear walk up the hill a bit, and then down into a pond to drink. So amazing. It was a black bear (the only type they have in Utah...even though it was brown in color). It was so peaceful to watch a creature like this in nature.

Simply amazing.

Later, we decided NOT to go to Colorado, because driving for only 2 hours with Tanith screaming the whole trip was not fun, and we didn't want to drive another 5 hours with her still screaming, so we turned around and came home. Oh well... at least we saw the bear!

--Super BEAR Angie

4 comments:

emily said...

WOW! bears are so cute - of course i've only seen them in the zoo and they are behind glass and fences ... how very brave of you guys!

Charles Miske said...

My battery had died last week and I had charged my spare for this. I put it in before we left, but when I got to the bear it was dead. I confused myself thinking I had confused the batteries, so I switched and went back to the bear and still dead. At home last night I charged both batteries and the one didn't take a charge even after being on all night - it's dead-dead. Anyway it was fun watching the bear drink through the zoom lens.

Tiff said...

That is so cool that you saw a bear. I would have been so freaked out, but they are so cute from far away!

JAnderegg said...

cool! And you got out of your car? And you didn't go to Colorado? You should have called me!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping