Saturday, April 12, 2008

Super Angie...the never ending road trip

We finally made it to Keystone after TWO days of travel. usually it only takes us 6-7 hours to drive here from Utah, but we got to Vail and found the pass was closed. We waited for 4-5 hours and it did not open, so we drove all the way back to Glenwood Springs to spend the night. This actually turned out fun...our motel had an awesome swimming pool, complete with Zeroentry, two slides and a water fall thingy. It was fabulous. Then, on the way to Keystone, we took a detour through Eagle to the Costco, where we stocked up on good food for our condo and enjoyed the free samples. 

Spring break has officially started now. I already made a fire in the fireplace and took a nice long nap. We cooked a "real" dinner Rick and I look forward to the hot tub in a few hours. 

Sidenote: my friend Meg told me she gave up Candy about a year and a half ago because she wanted to prove that she could give up an addiction. I have decided to do this too...yesterday was my last candy day. I am looking forward to cleansing my body during this stay in Keystone.

ITS SNOWING!!!!!

So glad that drive is over with!

--Super Angie.

3 comments:

Tiff said...

What a fun detour. I love when things work out for the better like that. That will be nice to have a whole week in Keystone. Wow, no candy. That is great. You can do it! Good luck.

Sarah-sponda said...

Yes, best of luck, no candy... I did that during cross country when I was younger. The first 3 weeks are the hardest, then it gets easier after that. I had to tell myself I hated sugar like I hated sprouts or something.

Super Angie's MOM said...

crazy wild drive... glad your all safe.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping