Sunday, June 7, 2009

Super Angie...3rd place at Teva Mountain Games

Yes, I took 3rd place!
My favorite move of the whole comp. I can't beleive I could defy gravity like this!


Well, I did it!! I got third place at the Teva Mountain Games recreation citizen's bouldering competition. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and to think I wasn't even going to go!!)





Some highlights:
meeting super awesome climbers from all over the USA
Seeing Alex Puccio and having her remember me.
Getting spotted by Alex and than having her give me Beta!
Getting the whole crowd and other climbers cheering me on as I worked the death out of problem number 7.
Having the announcer/MC mention me and my colorful top.
Getting interviewed by Mike from USA CLIMBING about how many comps I have been to in the past.
Hearing my kids say, "GOOD JOB MAMA!"
Having my sweet husband there, supporting me the whole time (and taking care of the kids at the same time!)


I'll post a bigger post and tons of pictures once I get back to Utah. But for now, enjoy these few pics!



--Super Angie--Bronze Medalist at the Teva Mountain Games!

7 comments:

Charles Miske said...

Good Job! It was so cool to watch you meet and exceed your goals. Congrats!

Otter Mum's Den said...

Woooo Hoooo! That is so awesome! Congrats!

Wendi said...

Good job!

TW said...

Congrats Ang - we are all so proud of you! You are a great example to us - way to go!

Amy said...

Very very cool Angie!! Man, I'm so proud, what a great accomplishment!! Keep goin girl!

jenn said...

I always knew you were SUPERAngie- defying gravity and all! Congratulations Angie-friend!! I'm so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Congrats!! I wish I could've stuck around for the awards ceremony. You climbed really well and I was impressed with both your colorful top and your heel hook on #9.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping