Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Super Angie...Ice climbing: night 1

Since becoming a GOALØ Elite Team Member, we have been out testing the gear a lot. One thing we are enjoying is ice climbing at night. We take our GOALØ lights and battery up with us, and light up the place.



Its so beautiful climbing at night. I love seeing the headlights of the cars down below. I like hearing the water running behind the ice. I love the quiet. I love the smell.

Here's Rick getting ready to climb, with the light next to him.
Here is he on the wall. I'm belaying him below.
Then it was my turn.
The ice that day was PERFECT> whats called "Plastic". It was an awesome experience for me because I have never really climbed on plastic ice before--it was heavenly! The tools just stick, the sound is nice and the climbing is magical.
I took two laps on this before we had to go. I'm so glad we are hooked up with GOALØ. It really has changed our lives, helped us to refocus and have zero regrets.

Thats what I'm learning...I'm not getting any younger. I don't want to be "old" (whatever age that may be) and say, "if only I had...", so I'm doing it now. I'm figuring out a way to do all the things I want to RIGHT NOW and its working.

--Super Angie

2 comments:

Otter Mum's Den said...

I find that no matter what I have done, I still have some "if only I had", though I feel now that I am living my life at its fullest potential. I always look at it this way: If my list of "I haves" by far outweighs my list of "I wish I had", then I am still doing OK. One of my "I wish I had" that was bugging me the most was the lack of contact with my extended family back in France that I used to be so tight with growing up, and I am going to see them this summer during a solo trip without kids to worry about or care for. One of the most selfish things ever for me to do, but one that I need so badly! :)

Charles Miske said...

Gotta be "moi moi moi" every now and then to stay sane.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping