Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Super Angie...Ice climbing: night 2

After having such an awesome experience climbing at night with our lights, we went out again last night. It was an "almost full moon" night with clear skies. All the stars were out--simply gorgeous. Again, it was quiet, peaceful and so pretty. But this time it was colder and for some reason, my body couldn't handle the cold, so I only climbed one route and then hiked back to the car. Rick top roped solo to clean the anchor and then headed down to the car. But despite the cold, it was simply so gorgeous!! (but the ice sucked--not plastic at all. )
Two Thumbs Up!
Rick is ready too!
Stairway to Heaven. This is the ice we climb. Its a long ways up and the approach hike SUCKS. But the whole time I do it, I'm thinking how proud of I am for doing this sport that is mostly done by guys.
Always the Japenese peace sign.
Heres Rick putting in the first ice screw.

I'm so happy to have a husband I can share these experiences with. Its exciting and fun being involved in these activities together. I know I can trust Rick 100% .

Thanks Baby!
--Super Angie

3 comments:

Tiff said...

That still freaks me out just to look at pictures. I know you guys are safe, but ughhhhhh, it makes me nervous. Haha. I am so glad you and Rick can do such fun stuff together. Sure makes the marriage a lot stronger.

Super Angie's MOM said...

I am glad you two have found something that unites you instead of seperates you. Good job

Charles Miske said...

Thanks for hanging in there, and for blogging such coolnesses we do.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping