Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Super Angie...the Lord is guiding

As I recall the past several months, I have seen how the Lord has been preparing me for this. I can see how he has encouraged me to do away with certain things in my life--habits, friendships, jobs etc. I have also seen how he has given our family new things to focus on, new goals, new things to protect within our family unit. I made the resolution that 2010 would be LESS DRAMA AND LESS STRESS. I have had some question that, thinking I'm adding to the drama and adding to the stress. I have had people question my motives and question my integrity. I have received some pretty harsh emails.

On Wednesday, January 6th, the spirit told me to homeschool. This was BEFORE anything problems errupted at Dallin and Brennan's school. This is before all the emotions. This was before I was even home from Seattle. The Spirit made it pretty clear that I needed to pull my kids from ALA and Homeschool.


I'm not perfect. I didn't listen to the spirit right that second. Instead I watched as events happened over the next several days. I prayed. I pondered. I prayed some more. I talked to some people, tried to talk to others, and got shunned by others. It was an interesting weekend to say the least. I told someone I felt peace, and it was mis-understood to mean that I was okay with everything at the school--I wasn't. I went to church and again, the spirit told me to have faith and home school. It was so clear to me that this is what I needed to do.

And so, Monday January 11th was Dallin and Brennan's last day at school. Tuesday January 12th, my mom's birthday, I began homeschooling my kids.

Nephi was told to get the plates. He wasn't told HOW to do it, but rather, just to go to town with Faith and that the lord would prepare a way. And guess what, the Lord prepared a way and he was able to get the plates. But FIRST, he had to have faith.

I'm going forward with faith and I wish others could just respect that instead of question it. I wish others could understand that my family has changed in the past several weeks.

Together with all the new goals our family has developed, the ways our views have changed, this is just a perfect fit for our family. Homeschooling is working out fantastic. Its a huge blessing to our lives.

2010 and 2011 are very important years to our family.

3 comments:

Otter Mum's Den said...

HUGS. Sounds like you had a lot of drama that weekend before you finalized that decision and took your leap of faith. Good luck with the homeschooling.

Erica said...

Sorry to hear about so much drama in trying to un-drama your life! I am always an ear without judgement and I admire you for being courageous. Like I said, I have always thought that homeschooling would be a good fit for us but I have never been brave enough to go for it! I think you need to study some Seattle landmarks (or geography, or history) and do some on-location research! :o)

willardlori said...

Beautifully said!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping