Thursday, January 21, 2010

Super Angie...Museum of History and Industry

VISITING MOHAI
This was my favorite museum to visit as a child. I remember going often and I just LOVED IT! So, mom and dad and I took the kids and had a delightful learning about Seattle history.

A giant sleigh in the entry hall was just too tempting. We put on hats and had a picture taken.
And then the exploring began.
What a cutie
Brennan loved EVERYTHING in the museum. Eventually I had to stop taking his picture in front of each thing.
They were fascinated by all the sailing history.
Everyone loves an Indian, right?
The kids really LOVED the boat
LOOK! What great fishermen they are...catching wild salmon!
Lots of imagination. I loved that they enjoyed the museum as much as I did when I was a their ages!
Mom sitting at an old time cafe.
Mom joked that she was always the one giving the money, not the one coming to get the money.
The boys enjoyed learning from Pop
Tan really enjoyed all the salmon cannery things
She had no idea what this giant black SAFE was...all the kids thought it was a fridge.
Heres my mom helping her can fish. BTW...Doesn't my mom look awesome? Look at thin she looks!!!
I couldn't resist
Dallin sitting at a big old desk
Seriously? HOW AWESOME TO SEE IT UP CLOSE> The famous TOE TRUCK!
YES! The Rainer Beer Comerical dude! AWESOME!
While I was too young to remember the bill board, I do remember hearing about it as a kid.
Heres the airplane my dad was helping to design, until Congress put a hold on the funding. Dumb Congress!
Who doesn't love a good old hydroplane from Sea Fair?
Seatac Airport back in the day.
The kids had a blast building their own model of Seattle out of legos.
Who doesn't LOVE the old Rainer Beer "R" sign? Ah...good memories.
Brennan LOVED exploring the old time town.
And of course, the old gun outfront...
.

4 comments:

Super Angie's MOM said...

fun fun day, good memories

jenn said...

The R makes me happy and not because I drink their product! Fun day!!

Otter Mum's Den said...

I have got to take my kids there. Where is that? It is not one I am familiar with at all.

rachel said...

wow! and i've never been there! the toe truck, the big red R, the hydroplane! OMG! a can't believe i've never been there. the rainier brewery is SUCH a part of my childhood (yes, i realize that sounds funny) and those commercials! rrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! LOVE IT!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping