Sunday, January 3, 2010

Super Angie...New Years Resolution

About ten years ago, my brother's boss started this resolution thing where each year he would give something up--not for health reasons but just to do it. My ex-husband and I jumped in and gave up soda one year, ice cream, chocolate, candy, donuts etc. It was fun. At the end of the year, you can eat the item again and pick something new to give up.

I've decided to do it again this year--but part of it is for health reasons.

NO BREAD!

I don't believe bread is good for *my* body and in the past, when I have given it up, I have seen great health benefits. So for 2010...no bread or things like bread (pizza). I will allow myself to have bread if I am in a foreign country--simply because some times when I'm in another country, bread is just easier to eat and run so to speak.

NO BREAD!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh man that sounds like such a hard one, but if anyone can do it, it's you Angie. And how cool for Rick.....I LOVE hearing about his adventure. I have to tell you something funny.......when Jake read your Christmas letter, darling pic by the way, he said tell Super Angie that the most adventerous thing I did this year was read about all their awesome adventures......man we are jealous! Looks like you've had a GREAT holiday season.....here's to 2010!

JAnderegg said...

I'll support you 100%....but that is a goal I don't want to make:) You will do amazing, though!

Mindy said...

You know bread hurts me, too. The best thing I have found is my soaked wheat flour. I grind wheat then soak it in buttermilk. It breaks down the acid that coats the wheat and is full of enzymes. I usually make it into tortillas. That doesn't count as bread does it?! Good luck!

Jeanette said...

When Nathanial and i stopped eating white bread, we both lost alot of weight! Good luck!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping