Saturday, February 12, 2011

Super Angie...day 1 ISI Winter Classic













Day one of the ISI Winter Classic 2011 in St. Louis went great. My knee held up. I wore my brace under my tights and took out my camel spin (just too much stress), and ended up skating perfectly! I got first place in my Freeskate program (Bach) and in compulsories. :) I'm so proud of myself. I also received very good feedback from other skaters and coaches. I'm very pleased.

I iced the heck out of my knee. Got it pretty numb actually. The snack bar folks were so nice--gave me lots of ice and complimented me on my makeup. :)

Wore false eyelashes and actually liked how I looked in them. lol

One guy asked if I had been on the Russian Olympic Team, and when I said I hadn't, he said, "oh you should lie and say you did". I'm Anya Miskya. I was a curler in 2006" bawahahah!

I'm very proud that I skated despite the pain of my knee. It held up fine. I felt shakey on BACH, although when I mentioned that in ear shot of a coach, they got stern and said, "YOU WERE NOT SHAKEY!!!!" Okay. Guess I wasn't! :)

It was a great time. Lots of friendly faces and I think I made the judges and audience happy. Favorite comment (from a girl walking by)- WHOA! You are SOOOO good!

Thanks!
--Super Angie

1 comment:

Otter Mum's Den said...

I really like the sound of Anya Miskya...

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping