Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Super Angie...an invite to you

I am looking for friends (girls) who want to join me in Colorado at our condo for a weekend this summer. I really want to climb (hike) a 14ner near the condo, called Grays Peak. I have hiked the peak right next to it, Torreys, which is also a 14,000 foot peak. When I hiked it, I had not been training, nor doing much of any type of exercise program. It was challenging, but totally doable. The hike is steep and at altitude, but not tricky. The hike is actually only 3.5 miles long. No special equipment is needed, but a pair of hiking boots is always a good thing. I did see people doing it in tennis shoes though, but boots would be better. 

My condo is in Keystone, which is 1 1/2 hours from Denver and close to Boulder as well. Besides hiking, there is great outlet mall shopping near by, a pool at the condo complex, bike and walking trails and a lake where you can rent paddle boats. This would be a girls only weekend--no kids. :)

Anyway, anyone want to hike with me this summer? I was thinking mid-July to mid-August.

Angie

5 comments:

JAnderegg said...

Sounds fun....it will depend on days and Jake's work...still all up in the air...but if I can work it out, I'd love it.

Tiff said...

That sounds like so much fun. To bad Aspen is due in July so I wont be doing much hiking!

Anonymous said...

Yipppee! I found Angie Waibel!! : ) This is Jenny (Burdett) Carr. Found you through Emily Shaw...LOVE love love the internet! Wish I could go with you to Colorado! We lived in Colorado Springs for a few years and have since moved to northern California 2 years ago. You look good!!! Go climb for me! : )

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

JENNY! OH MY GOSH! Its wonderful to hear from you and see your beautiful smiling face. Ah....the good old days of K1 and Ben Rush and Grasslawn Park....

Sarah-sponda said...

Angie,

This sounds like so much fun! We are having a girls retreat in St. George with my family. So excited! I will have to check my schedule for the next semester to see if I can make it. Would it be best to fly in? Check my blog I need to get your email again:)

Sarah

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping