Thursday, May 29, 2008

Super Angie...true charity?

One of my neighbors left a massage on my voice mail today, "...and we know you are really busy getting ready to move, and my husband would like to help by  mowing your lawn if you'd like--for $20..."

HOLY CRAP!

Okay, if you are trying to earn money by mowing people's lawn, then thats one thing. Start a business, pass out fliers and good luck. BUT, if you are trying to be nice and help a neighbor because you know they are really busy and in the process of moving right now, then just do it out of kindness--don't ask to be paid.

Last week, our other neighbor (who doesn't go to church at all), showed us just how Christ like they are, when they mowed our lawn WITHOUT asking!!!!!

Recently, my kids have given some of their toys to the first neighbor--out of the kindness of their heart. They could have easily just placed it in the garage sale box, but instead they thought of the first neighbor. I guess, to be kind and such a nice friendly neighbor, I could go to their house now, and ask for payment for the toys. Nah...that would be lame.

--Super Angie (with the wild lawn, full of weeds)

5 comments:

Charles Miske said...

It takes 10 minutes to mow or tiny patch of grass - that's $120/hr. Wish I were making that much...

Tiff said...

Wow that is so crazy. I can't believe someone would do that! And I was thinking that was a high price for your lawn!

Congrats on moving! That is so exciting. I want to see pics of your new place. That is nice that you already have the kitchen ready. That is so important!

JAnderegg said...

Are you kidding? Wow!!! We pay $10 for ours to be mowed to help a kid in our ward...it makes me laugh. And I'm sorry about your nannies. You should call me and I can help!!! Girls camp next week, and then I'll be ready to climb again. Hopefully you'll find a good nanny. I miss ya! Hope your summer is going well.

lvs2dance said...

Haha, that is too funny. Some people are pretty bold! I guess that they really needed some money!

Lehi Incredibles said...

Angie, your lawn looks so bad that you are lucky someone is willing to do it for pay.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping