Monday, February 18, 2008

Super Angie...a bit of heaven

This long President's Day weekend, we went to Keystone for some R&R. What a great time we had! The weather was perfect. So stunning, with clear skies, starry skies, cozy fires, enjoyable hot tubs and lots of playing.

I skiied the first half of Saturday, followed by Rick. I really enjoyed exploring one of the back parts of Keystone...taking a lift up to 11, 000 plus feet! It was gorgeous and I could see all around the county--even could see Breckenridge! I loved skiing in the trees, and the wide open spots. It was just heaven. Rick had fun skiing some harder runs too. We finished Saturday up with a gondola ride. After 4pm, they allow free rides, so we took the kids, and they HAD A BLAST! Dallin was a bit scared at first, but Brennan loved every second. Once up at the top, we walked around, although Tan really wanted to run into the out of bounds area. We enjoyed some chocolate milk and chips at the mountain house snack building--typical snack hall...looked the same as all the other ones I've been in! Saturday night was pizza and hot tube.

Sunday, we attended Church, then ate at Village Inn. Of course the kids LOVED their pancakes. Tan threw a royal fit, so I left early. The rest of Sunday was filled with car rides, naps, dinner, cozy fire in the fire place, and watching a movie as a family.

Today, we left early and made great time, getting home at 4pm. It was a great weekend!!! I am thinking of planning a Girl's Weekend. Maybe Ski, maybe rock climb (ski= until end of March, Rock climb = when all the snow is gone...probably June??). Anyone interested?

--Super Angie

4 comments:

Tiff said...

That sounds like a perfect weekend! I spent the whole weekend with a very very sick husband. Poor guy, but he is much better! Girls trip sounds so fun, but being prego I would not be able to do anything!!! But have lots of fun without me :)

Sarah-sponda said...

I wanna go on a girls trip:) Let me know what you come up with and I will check my schedule.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Well, we for sure want to come down to Vegas and hang with you. RED ROCKS!!!! The climbing in Keystone is "okay", but we aren't that far from Boulder and Golden...

what about this: we stay in Keystone, hike one of the 14,000 foot peaks, shop, then go to Golden, visit Laurie, go to the Mountaineering Museum. Then go hit the rocks!

Charles Miske said...

Swan Mt. Rd and Montezuma are both close to Keystone, and have climbs of different levels (there's what I'm guessing is a 5.9 at Swan with a bouldery start and what looks like a 5.8 slab I'd like to develop there).

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping