Thursday, July 24, 2008

Super Angie...July 24th.. part two


This afternoon, we learned to pan for Gold and how to make fudge--two very important skills for any pioneer to know, right? 
Keystone Adventure Center offers such fun activities, and we just HAD to participate in Panning for Gold. Tanith was in the Kelty backpack (on my back) while the boys played the part of the miners. It didn't take Dallin long to learn all the tricks and secrets to panning for Gold. He was the first one in the group to
 find some. YEA DALLIN! I am proud of you 
for paying attention to the directions and sticking to it.  I helped Brennan and it took us a long time before we found the Gold, but we did it. 
Great work partner! 
After we found all the Gold that we could handle, we went to Pizza on the Plaza and enjoyed a nice meal overlooking the lake. There were lots of boaters out, which the kids had fun watching  and making comments about. 
Brennan tried on my hat--
Lookin' good Mister! 
And Tanith just liked to yell "HI!" at everyone. She is so social!
We fed the fish and the ducks, did a bit of shopping for Dad (always have to get something for Rick!) and then went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and waited for 7pm...thats when the fudge making was to start. But at 6:55, the rain started instead.
 We were standing outside the store, since its pretty small inside. The rain came on SO FAST and SO HARD...it was crazy. Thunder, Lighting...the works! I sent the boys inside to watch the demo, and sat outside under the eves of the building with Tanith. 
The boys had fun watching the fudge making demo. After a while, I moved Tanith inside and I entertained her with a sucker--her face got SOOO messy!  She also enjoyed talking on the phone with Daddy... she got SOOO mad when I told her she would have to wait a second to talk to him. DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL!
Dallin really enjoyed the demo. He ran up to me and said, "MAMA! This takes so much math and science!!!!"  What a great kid he is. I guess we will have to make some fudge at home, so we can see about all this math and science involved.

The walk home was fun. The rain had stopped, the skies were beautiful and the light was just gorgeous...should have taken some pictures.  As is custom, the boys wanted to go feel the river, so I allowed them to go the same spot they always do. "Its PITCH COLD!" Dallin yelled out. LOL I think this is so cute...

Well, Happy Pioneer Day everyone!
 We had a wonderful day of history, math, science and love.  I sure do love my kids!
--Super Angie

5 comments:

Tiff said...

Wow your kids are going to have so many great memories to look back on when they are older. You guys do such fun stuff. I am jealous!!! Way to go mom of the year!!!!

Charles Miske said...

Tan was sure a phone hog - she kept yelling "HI" into it and would barely let me talk to mom.

Super Angie's MOM said...

Fudge sounds good..... How about that math and science.

Jeff and Hayley said...

Your family is so adventurous, so many fun activities!

shannon p. said...

I LOVE all things pioneer! (probably because I didn't have to live through it, I just get to enjoy the fun games and appreciate all of their hard work) I am jealous of your adventures - I am always dragging my kids to old pioneer houses, museums, This is the Place, you get the picture. Looks like the kids are having a GREAT time!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping