Friday, September 18, 2009

Super Angie...a better me



I'm learning.
I'm growing.
I'm becoming a better me.

I have slowed myself down. I am thinking, "do I want to have any regrets when ____dies? If not, then I better do something about that NOW, not later." So, I'm spending more time with my kids. I'm watching. I'm listening. I'm singing. I'm dancing. I'm making lunch and making memories. I'm cleaning rooms and teaching lessons. I'm folding laundry, teaching reading and smiling. Playing wii and doing math.

I'm making time for myself. I'm facebooking, I'm blogging, I'm cleaning and de-cluttering. I'm organizing and giving things away. I'm healing.

I'm praying and thinking. I'm trying to be more compassionate and understanding. Instead of simply saying, "I'm so sorry" when a friend has a painful day or experience, I think instead of what *I* would want or need, and then act on it. Ah, this has brought me a lot of joy.

At my grandpa's funeral, I sang, BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN GIVEN MUCH. I have this written on a sign in my kitchen. Its kind of "my" saying. Its me. I have been blessed with SO MUCH, I have to give of my blessings to others.

I'm trying to lower my stress level and focus on whats important in life and whats not. Is it important for me to be invited to each and every little outting and girl's night out that I hear about? No. Its not. So instead of being sad and upset that I wasn't included, I'm moving forward and learning and growing from that.

I'm learning.
I'm growing.
I'm moving forwards instead of backwards.

I'm happy.
I'm joyful.
I'm at peace.

I'm Super Angie, and being Super isn't always easy. Its about trying everyday. Its about Rainier--taking things one step at a time. Its about dreaming and setting goals, but not hating myself if I slip up on one of those goals. Its about smiling. Its about being silly. Its about living life and trying to help others. Its about sharing what I've got.

So, I'm gonna climb mountains.
And I'm gonna go for bike rides.
I'm gonna go to the park.
And I'm gonna give hugs.

I'm gonna lay in the hammuck and read a good book.
I'm gonna turn the music up loud and dance in the kitchen.
I'm gonna kneel to pray.

I'm gonna be a better me....

2 comments:

Otter Mum's Den said...

I loved reading this blog entry. You are awesome!

jenn said...

The most SUPER post I have ever read Angie! I love every part of it and I want to learn and grow and live and enjoy too.
Being SUPER is so much more about the journey than the finish and you said that brilliantly!

LOVE you my SUPER friend!!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping