Friday, September 18, 2009

Super Angie...I can Read!


Two days ago, a very special event happened at our house.... Brennan read his first book!

I had told him earlier in the day that we needed to do his 15 minutes of reading for his class and he said, "well, you'll have to read, because I can't." I told him of course thats not a problem and that we would have fun.

A few minutes later, he asked if he could try to read, so we went to the couch in our front room and sat down with one of Dallin's first books.

I helped Brennan sound out the first word, and he did wonderful...and then he jumped ahead and sounded out the third word perfectly. He caught on and continued.

I sat in total shock!

Brennan read the entired book, with my help. After every word, he would leap into my lap, full of love and pride. He was so proud of himself and so happy to be reading with mommy. I am so proud of him. He immediatly wanted to read another book, but I didn't want to have him move faster then he could, so I said we would read more the next day. He went to bed with his book--reading and re-reading it over and over.

In the morning, he read another book and just has reading on the brain. We told his Kindergarten teacher and she was over joyed.

Brennan, I'm so proud of you. What a smart boy you are. I love you, my big bear!

--Super Angie

4 comments:

Charles Miske said...

It's always a thrill to see the light of literature shining

Erica said...

So sweet, great job!

Otter Mum's Den said...

That is awesome! It never did get old, no matter how many times I have watched this happen with my 8 kids. It was particularly tear inducing when Rachel started sounding out words. Now she proudly reads a verse of scripture every morning during our family scripture study!
Way to go big boy! We are proud of you!

Super Angie's MOM said...

a special boy, reading is the window to the world.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping