Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Super Angie...just a day

Today was just a day.

But it was a fun day.

I went to Dallin's school and read a story to his class. Then Brennan and Tanith got to eat lunch with him.
Brennan enjoyed sitting all by himself at an empty desk, and of course he enjoyed making faces when I took this picture.

Tanith LOVED sitting next Dallin, and he liked it too---but again, they must make faces!

After school, it was time for Brennan's weekly ice skating lesson. Its time for just him and me to go to the rink. He really likes this special time. And so do I!
Notice the Zamboni behind him? Ah, he was SO excited to watch it. I think he has found his new profession. :)
Brennan doesn't always pay attention in class--mainly because his coach doesn't command much authority over her students which I feel is a must when dealing with 5 and 6 yr olds. He doesn't act up like this at school, church or other lessons, and I told his coach as much. I don't think she likes me much. lol
But he likes her and the assistant coach and loves just skating. He simply loves to skate--and the faster the better! He is getting better and better at his skills and he seems to pick up on things fast. But of course, he is Brennan and Brennan by nature is wild, and so is his skating.
My happy boy. So proud of himself. He just loves to skate and loves spending one on one time with me. I'm so proud of him. I love watching him, even if he is silly on the ice. The joy he gets from this sport just oozes out of him.

And so it was...just a day.

Nothing special to the world.
No big event, or special meeting with presidents and important people.

But to me...it was great!

I love my kids...
--Super Angie

4 comments:

Trynyti said...

Brennan looks like he is having a lot of fun skating! Wonder where he get's that from?!? ;)

I had to laugh though at his name tag. Not only could they not spell any part of his name correctly, but I'm unsure if that's First Name then Last Name, or just mabe it's Last Name then First Name! He could be a Barlette Brennen! ;)

Super Angie's MOM said...

those are the best days, I am so glad you have this blog to record such days.

Otter Mum's Den said...

I am sure it made Brennan's day to have his mommy spend time with him like that. I had a mother's day a long time ago when the kids who were able to write wrote down a favorite memory of something I had done for them. The result really surprised me because it was stuff that was day to day simple things:
Beth: Coming to pick her up at school with all windows down and her favorite radio station blaring.
Eric: Going to the store with just him and sneaking his favorite magazine into the cart and giving it to him at the checkout stand.
Jennifer: Always attending her soccer games.
Jared: (That one really got to me) Spending an hour with just him until he had completely mastered tying his shoes.
You are doing a wonderful job of giving your children your attention, your encouragement and your love. It shows in their smiles and even in how free they feel to make faces at the camera as you snap pictures. Heck! It even shows in the fact that you are taking the pictures in the first place!

JAnderegg said...

You are so passionate about so many things....it's fun to be around you!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping