Saturday, January 1, 2011

Super Angie...i've come so far, watch where i will go!






In June 2010, I set the goal and expectation that I would compete in October at ISI adult nationals. My goal going into that comp was to have fun (which I did) and to do "good" with my Gaga program. Good to me meant, making people smile and have fun. I really wanted to win with Gaga. I accomplished this, even with a fall. I won with Gaga! I won with Bach and got 3rd with Forever Young and 2nd with my HORRIBLE interpretative program. But I had fun.

I hadn't set any goals after that at the time. It was simply: go to Nationals and do these things.

Man, how I've changed. I never knew I could be the type of skater I now am...in just such a short time and so few lessons with Vassili. The compliments I have received this fall on my skating style and skills have proved to me that there is more to Super Angie then she thought. I'm becoming the type of skater I only dreamed I could be.

So now, I am taking these things and pushing ahead. I have proved to myself that if I put my mind to something, I can do it! If I put forth the hours of HARD work, I will produce beautiful jumps and spins. It takes hours and hours of time in a cold ice rink. It takes falls, and bruises and being out of breath. It takes sweat and tears and hard hard lessons with Vassili. It also takes believing in what others tell me. In believing in what others see in me that I haven't seen myself. Vassili and a few others have said things to me that really inspired me to be THAT person.

I believe in Super Angie.

Lets go!

1 comment:

Charles Miske said...

you've really come a long ways

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping