Thursday, January 13, 2011

Super Angie...sunshine, palm trees and seeing my breath


I'm Back in Vegas. I drove straight through yesterday...not bad, just 11 hours. About like going from Seattle to Salt Lake. I hadn't planned on coming to Vegas yet, but sitting at home in -10 degree weather was wearing on me. And being alone was...lonely!

Today I went to skate and received such a warm welcome from all the coaches and friends there. Had a nice lunch with Century and some good ice time with Addie and all the rest. Saw Nicole for a bit before the session...its so nice having such wonderful wonderful friends there. Its also nice to be at a lower altitude as well. Breck was really hard on my body--from the sinus infection, to the swimmer's ear, the altitude just kicked my butt. It was nice to do FULL run throughs today and do them semi okay. Luckily I have a month until I compete, so I can really train these programs more. Still felt dizzy while spinning, but not as bad as I did in Breck.
Over all, for all the problems I've had the last 3 weeks, I'm thrilled to be in Vegas, skating.

Got a lesson tomorrow with Vassili. Can't wait to see how he challenges me this time. In rock climbing, I really love the challenge of trying a hard route--like an 11.d or a 12.a I like knowing there is a way to send it, but that I just have to figure it out. Its like a math problem, and I really enjoy the problem solving aspect of it. Having a lesson with Vassili is like that for me; I know whatever it is that he is teaching me is possible, I just have to figure out how to make Angie do it. So I'm excited to start a new series of lessons with him.

Bad news... so, a few weeks ago, I started having boot problems. I couldn't get my right to be tight enough and then i started having heal spur problems. I knew from my mountaineering boots that this most likely meant my skates were too big. I had Vassili take a look and sure enough, a half size too big and too wide. He had my new size in stock, but not as narrow as I need. He will order me a new pair on Monday. I'm jumping at the bit. New Boots! Eek!

Man, the rink was FA-REEZING today! I mean, we could see our breath in there. Brrrr. Breck has never been THAT cold. Brrrrr...

Its supposed to be 70 degrees on Monday. Crazy crazy weather.

--Super Angie

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping