Monday, June 16, 2008

Super Angie...ONSITE



Saturday, we took the boys and went up Rock Canyon to do a bit of climbing. They did awesome and I am so proud of them. I lead a very scary 5.6--don't laugh! It was so freaky!  Then Rick lead half way up a 5.8...again, very hard. I don't think those routes are rated right, and when I mentioned it at the gym, many agreed. Anyway, our quick draw was still 3 bolts up and we weren't feeling like generously giving it to the next dirt bag climber who came along, so I attempted to finish leading it. Top roping up to the 3rd bolt was great, and I felt awesome, but HOLY CRAPOS, this was a tough lead. So I gave up and actually took a fall. WHOA BABY! My first real outside lead fall. Wicked! I totally screamed! I was above the pro when I fell. Fun stuff.
Again, not wanting to sacrifice our quick-draw, Rick went up, and had to down climb from above the pro. SCARY! I was seriously worried I would be hauling out a broken husband if he fell. The morning in the canyon was very nice. The boys enjoyed the hike and crossing the creek was fun too. Dallin took a ton of pictures...what a little photographer.

Later in the day, deciding that our bodies really needed more punishment, we went to the gym to get in some "serious" climbing. Dallin and Tan went to day care, while I belayed Brennan on the rainbow route. After that, it was time for Rick and I  to climb. The gym was open to members only on Sat night because of the comp, so it was fun not to have a bunch of "green" climbers in there. I jumped on a 5.11 as a warm-up.  Its a new gray one, and the start was awesome. But I eventually had to bail because I got too pumped. Then I jumped on another 5.11 and rocked it.  Then Rick went and worked a 5.10---YEA BABY! We chatted with Jeff and Matt for a bit and then I went and onsited a 5.10 c. YEAH BABY! It was awesome and I am sure, if Jeff had turned off the lights in the gym, the beaming coming from my face would have been bright enough to light up the place. I was so excited. After several weeks of only doing laps, and not pushing my climbing, I was able to onsite a new route. It was sweet! (I tried another 5.11, but ended up whacking my hand pretty hard on a hold, so I called it quits for the day.)  
Hey Sarah...remember when I could barely climb 5.10? Thanks for your inspiration!

Fast forward to Sunday...HOLY CRAP! Lets just say that our poor bodies were very upset with all the hiking and climbing we had done the day before. OUCH!!!! We were appreciative of the day of rest.

--Super Angie...can't wait to climb again

7 comments:

Brian said...

Angie, you have the best Psych for climbing I have ever seen!
Its amazing how much proggress you have made. Your determination is unstoppable!
Sounds like your hard work is paying off.
I wanted to tell you, I'm working @ Massage Envy now. You still have a membership? Bring those sore muscles in! Would love to give you the most awsome sports/relaxation massage you've ever experianced! An exelent reward for hard work! (I recomend a 90min or a 2 hour)
Congrats on all your wonderful climbing! Hope to see you sending my projects in your flops soon!!!!!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Brian! Great to hear from you! Which Massage Envy are you at? Rick and I loved having you work on us at Mo...so, yes, we'll come in and see ya...just let me know which location! :)

We should go climbing together sometime. Just moved to Cedar Hills at the mouth of AF canyon. :) I've climbed at Hard Rock before and loved it. Did it with Joe Kinder and Chris Linder during HERA last fall. Very cool. Anyway, thanks for your support!! CLIMB ON!

lvs2dance said...

Ok, so I have NO idea what language you were speaking in that post...LOL, but it sounds awesome! When are you going to take me climbing? I love the thought of hangin by my toenails on the verge of plummeting to my death (I mean who wouldn't think that THAT was fun?) Seriously though, I have always wanted to go climbing. It was fun to see your mom again, how long is she in town for? I just have to say that your boys are little golden children in Primary! A few posts ago you were complaining about how irreverent they are in sacrament, well let me tell you girl, you must give them a huge dose of obedience before they come to primary because they are gems!!!! Please tell me your secret so that I can administer this wonder drug to some of the other children (Yikes! Yesterday was CRAZY!)

Brian said...

I'm @ two locations actually! Sugar House, Fri, Sat, and Sun. Then @ the downtown location Tue, Wen, Thurs. And if you tought that 20 min sample was good..... It was a paper airplaine! The two hour one will be an F-16! Looking forward to showing you. Hope to see you soon.

Libby Hammond said...

Angie, You are CRAZY!!! But I love you for it! Seriously, I wish I had your love of adventure. You are so inspiring. Be careful!

Tara said...

love it...you are sooo brave...looks like lots of fun and super fun that you can involve the kiddos!! :)

JAnderegg said...

Awesome, Ang!!! I'm proud of you!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping