Monday, August 2, 2010

Super Angie...learning and growing and stretching

"Character cannot be developed in peace and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." - Helen Keller

Wow, I'm learning and growing so much and its really scary actually. Just in the past few weeks, I've experienced so many different things, opened up in new ways, talked out things I didn't know needed to be talked out. I've expressed most of this in FB...its my open door.

I've heard some fabulous quotes. Gotten some great texts and phone calls. Had some good face to face conversations. And had some spiritual experiences where the spirit really did testify to me and tell me what I need to do. I have felt MORE lifted up. Like I'm flying. But I have also felt the pull of Satan and luckily, had a friend point that out to me in a very direct manner.

Helen Keller means so much to me. My senior year of H.S., I played Anna Leowens in THE KING AND I. I had the lead and it was fabulous. The next show after that was THE MIRACLE WORKER. Now my director, Mrs Kaufman, was famous for NOT giving the same person a lead, so I knew I wouldn't get a "good" part in this play. But during auditions, as I read for Annie Sulivan, Mrs. Kaufman started crying and she stood up and said, "Angie is just too DAMM GOOD" and she gave me the part. I made her cry!

Playing Annie Sulivan was an amazing experience. I cried on stage every night. I WAS Annie Sulivan. I think its probably my finest performance ever. I can still remember how I felt on stage...such strong emotions and feelings. Wish I could go back to that moment. Glad I can recall those feelings.


I think far too often, I run away from the trial, the suffering. I wimp out of the pain and then feel like C
RAP after wards, thinking all the WHAT IFs.

Today on FB, a friend posted a quote by Albert Einstein-- " You never fail until you stop trying"
I told him THANKS for this.
Then he said, "Enbrace the pain, show no weakness. No excuses to quit early"

So I said, "hmmm...easier said then done. I'm a pretty quick quitter. And I have a bad past of running away from difficult things. And then he said, "Okay, how about no whining?"


So this Friday, Shawn, my ever supportive dear climbing friend, is going to take Rick and I on a very classic climb.

Nothing good can be accomplished without some sweat, pain, and giving your heart.

Gonna give my heart to the climb!

2 comments:

Charles Miske said...

You can do it!

Amy said...

You are so good at SOOOO many things Angie, I don't know if I believe that you are a "quick quitter", you've sure fooled me! Hope you had fun! :)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping