Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Super Angie... rock rock baby



Last night, Rick and I went rock climbing for the first time in about 2 months. We were greeted sweetly by all our friends at the gym, which was fun. I did a 5.7, 5.8, and a 5.9!! Rick did two 5.7s and a V0! AWESOME! We are going again tonight and I am gonna push myself to do 5.9s and 5.10s...gotta get my climb on!

Yesterday, Dallin had BASE CAMP (rock climbing class) at the gym. Brennan wanted to climb at the same time, so I belayed him. He wore his King costume. Joe Kinder was there climbing. Brennan has a poster of Joe, autographed, and he thinks Joe is so cool. So Brennan went to say HI to Joe and Joe said, "Nice costume Buddy!" and Brennan said, "I'm the king of rock climbing". Joe and his friends started cracking up. "You're the king of rock climbing? Thats so cool!" --Joe said. Then Brennan made us all laugh when he said, "You can climb anywhere you want"--like he was granting us permission! What a gracious king!

--Super Angie
(photo of me from September HERA event...Chris Linder in background! photo of Brennan from rock canyon--he is so awesome!)

6 comments:

Charles Miske said...

I onsited 2 V0's - One at the entrance and one on the back corner near the cave. But I didn't finish the 2nd 5.7 - got stuck at that same spot I always do on that one.

Tons of fun though.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Oh thats right...forgot about the one at the front of the bouldering section. AWESOME BABY!

Charles Miske said...

Bren is into the "king" thing right now - hardly takes off the crown.

Though he did offer it to me this morning to "try on"...

Super Angie's MOM said...

thats our Brennan, he is not shy.
Good job to Angie and Rick on your climb. MOM

Tiff said...

So glad you guys were able to climb again. I bet that felt so good. Brennan is so cute being the king. Thats great that both boys are so good at climbing. I know they love it.

samantha said...

Climb on!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping