Friday, January 25, 2008

Super Angie...Super Champ!

Today I competed at the SCS 2008 USA Adult Nationals. SCS is Sport Climbing Series.

I competed as a recreational climber in the Citizens catagory and guess what...I PLACED 3rd!!! (So, if this were the olympics, or figure skating, I would get the bronze medal!!!). This morning I climbed two route. The first one was easy-peasy and fun. The second one...not so much. I didn't finish the second one, which is why I'm in third. Tonight, was the finals. The top ten from each catagory got to go to the finals. The route was amazing. I loved it. I almost finished it. I had a HUGE cheering section and got some really good feedback and compliments when I finished. Rick took some awesome pictures and I will probably get those up on Sunday. After the finals, there was the SPEED CLIMBING COMPETITION! This is so much fun. There are two 45 foot long routes, and you basicly are timed to see how fast you can climb them. The first girl to go was a pro and she did it in 9 seconds! CRAZY! I did mine in 30 seconds. Yes, its not the best score, but who cares. I had a blast and again, a great cheering section, which just made things more fun. :)

Now, here is the really crazy part--- By some miracle, I made it into the speed climbing FINALS! Those are tomorrow (Saturday) night. YEA!!!!!!

Wow...what a rush. I love this sport, I love competing and my blinged up shoes got so much attention--I love my shoes!

--Super Happy Angie...ready for bed.

6 comments:

Charles Miske said...

Love the shoes baby - so did the MVM cameraman. Too bad Fox 13 was so distracted interviewing lowly pros and gym employees...

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

The results have been posted and my name is on the website.
http://www.scsnationals.org/2008AdultDifficulty-Female%20Citz.pdf

Super Angie's MOM said...

looking forward to the pictures, way to go super champ.

Whitney said...

Congrats! You did so great and the shoes are awesome. Nice job and look forward to seeing your pics. :)

emily said...

you are awesome! way to go!! can't wait to see the pics either!

samantha said...

So cool! Congrats!!! I'm glad you had fun and you did great!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping