Saturday, January 26, 2008

Super Angie...3rd and 5th place!


What a night. Great climbing. Awesome people. A trophy and some swag! What more could I ask for?

I saw Chris Sharma, Joe Kinder, Emily Harrington, Sasha, Alex Puccio and a bunch of other awesome climbers. The night was full of great moves.

I did qualify for speed climbing, which was awesome. I actually did better then yesterday--4 seconds faster on my first route. But the second route, which is done immediately after (so you are DEAD tired) wasn't as good. But I had a blast. We climbed in front of a HUGE crowd and everyone was screaming. It was awesome. :) I got 5th place out of 7. VERY COOL!!!

I met my climbing idol, Lisa Rands, and had my picture taken with her. :) Rick took a bunch of pictures of me with other climbers too, but I don't have them available yet, so stay tuned for more photos.

YES! It was an awesome night and fun comp. Can't wait to start training for the next one!

--Super Climber Angie

3 comments:

Charles Miske said...

Almost told Lisa off for butting in front of me in the cafe (I was right behind Chris Sharma, who ordered a 12 oz Cinammon tea for himself, and an 8 oz Mint tea for his GF) but she was just talking to Chris - lol.

Spent a lot of time with Joe Kinder as well. You rock baby.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Joe is just a funny funny guy. Very genuine and nice.

Chris was humble and down to earth and ready to sign autographs, sign shoes, and pose for pictures.

Climbers ROCK!

Tiff said...

Wow I didn't realize the competition was so soon. Thats great that you did so good at everything. Way to go Angie!!!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping